Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey day!!! From an Indian!

Well, this is an interesting day for me and Holly!  How to celebrate Turkey Day?  Holly thinks it is offensive for me... I like the turkey!!!  But as a Native American it has always been a little odd at times.  I mean have you ever been asked to dress up like your historical enemies and star in a school play singing the exploitation of your people!?!  LOL!  But let's not get to serious now!  I mean WE NA's came make more fun of anything than anyone else can!

So pass the gravy and don't scrimp on the Potatoes!

But then again I have to remember a couple of quotes I have come to like over the years.  And what better time to share them than right now!  So here goes...

Historically speaking, we went from being Indians to pagans to savages to hostiles to militants to activists to Native Americans. Its five hundred years later and they still cant see us. We are still invisible WTF!?!

The objective of civilizing us is to make Indian history become our permanent reality.

Both of these hard hitting quotes were by John Trundell, who I know nothing about but these two quotes. But I love them!!!

   So here we are celebrating the slow demise of my culture and stuffing our faces like only americans can... but that's cool!  I'm still here and having fun.  I even made a new piece to post on On Second Thought's Facebook Community Page and it is going over good!  I hope you enjoy it!

Love to all my friends and hope and prayers for a better future for all mankind!  The one I made for other Native Americans I'll post on our secret websites later!!!


1 comment: