Saturday, November 17, 2012

Do something! Anything.


   I made this picture for OST a long time ago.  I have always loved the sea and lighthouses of course and the quote is mine.  I was very proud of it.  It conveyed what I wanted it to.  A symbol of hope when life looked dangerous and stormy.  A single vestige of promise looming out of the darkness.

  Sometimes we all need that.  Something to hold on to.  Some sign of hope and security in this rolling world of ours.  Like a last bastion of sanity when we have reached are wits end.  I guess we all need that sometimes.  I'm tired of crying out to the horizon with no one to hear me cry!

   We all need something.  Love, caring, understanding, hope... something.  Human companionship.  Something so small and so easy to give, but impossible to obtain, or so it seems at times.  Why can't we just give it.  Why can't we just be supportive when someone needs us.  Maybe it's just to listen.  To nod your head and say, "I understand.  I've been there.  I know something that helps."

   The opportunities are out there to do something but nobody is out there to help!  Where are you?  Where have you been?  Can't you just slow down for two minutes to hear me cry?  Is that two minutes so vital... so precious you can't spare them if nothing else???  Where are you when your life is making sense and mine is not!?!  Why can't you stop ...just stop and listen to me?

   I hear these unspoken words in so many of us and it's sickening.  It sickens me.  We say we help... but do we really?  Do you take the time to just listen?  Really listen?  Feel something!  Anything... anger even!  Yell at me and say it is going to be OK!  Do something... don't just stand there.  Reach out and touch me or hold me and something.  Listen for once and help me.

   You know... if we just did that this world wouldn't be in the shape it is now.  Do something for someone and you will be paid back... tenfold!  Just do something.  Anything.  OK?  Alright... I will be right back after this shot of Demoral...

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired! I will do something. I agree that we can be a much better world if we love one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your words mean so much. One down! A few billion to go!

      Delete