Thursday, November 15, 2012

Daily Inspirations

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.
 - Martin Luther King

     I re-read these words today and had to stop. They echoed so much the feelings that I hold for all of us. To me, it speaks of warm ideas and the beautiful freedom to share them freely with each other. Without bitterness on either side and without foul judgement or retribution.  To be able to say, "I am different from you, my beliefs are different than yours, let me share them so we can be closer and friends.  Accept me as me and do not judge me before you even know me.  Because if we could only see each other then there would be no hatred between us.  If we could just see each other with all our differences as unique and beautiful then this world would be a better place and us a better people."  To me this is what his words scream out from so many years back.  BE MY FRIEND FIRST!  LOVE ME BECAUSE I AM ME.  TAKE JOY IN OUR DIFFERENCES!  LET OUR DIFFERENCES ONLY ADD SUBSTANCE TO THE SOUP AND NOT FUEL TO A FIRE.

I just wanted to share this with you today.  I wish the world would not judge first and ask questions later.  After all my years I have found Hatred and anger only hinders yourself.  It has no positive outcome.  It has no positive properties.  Car about someone you don't even know and you will be a better, stronger and happier person for it... I guarantee!  Thank you so very much for listening.

 - Crowe & Holly OST

No comments:

Post a Comment